Typology: Capitalization project
The Karst is a cross-border geographical area with similar characteristics and a rich cultural and natural heritage. The area faces difficulties such as the decline in the production of local products, which are crucial for the development of sustainable tourism. Abandonment of production is undoubtedly linked to the poor cross-border connection of local actors, too slow adaptation to market trends, and daily migration (especially of young people) to cities outside the region for better earnings. The aim of the AGROTUR+ project is to promote activities for the development of agricultural and tourist activities in the cross-border Karst area. In this way, we aim to encourage traditional land use, work towards the protection of the Karst heritage, the preservation of the population and the reduction of daily migration.
- The aim of the AGROTUR+ project is to promote activities for the development of agricultural and tourist activities in the cross-border Karst area.
- Encourage traditional land use, work towards the protection of the Karst heritage, the preservation of the population and the reduction of daily migration.
- With the involvement of local people and vulnerable groups, we will capitalize on the results of project Agrotur II in cross-border workshops, Teran Academy, summer schools, tastings and science evenings.
- Ensuring knowledge transfer and implementation of good practices in the production of traditional Karst products (wine, kraški brinjevec – juniper brandy, cider and ham “kraški pršut”).
- As part of Karst tourism products, updating the digital map of the Karst wine route along with accommodation considering accessibility for disadvantaged people (with reduced mobility) and create a digital museum of Teran wine in the Štanjel castle, where is already built a wine shop within the Agrotur II project.
- Continue the successful cross-border cooperation of regional development and scientific institutions, with the involvement of local people, to improve the quality and visibility of local products and improve the tourist offer of the Karst region.
The main project outputs will be available soon.